Scar description creative writing
· Character description: scars. Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by RachHP, Jun 3, 2015. Hi everyone, ... Creative Writing Forums - Writing Help, Writing Workshops, & Writing Community. Home Forums > Creative Writing > Word Mechanics > Articles. Articles. Quick Links.
· In "18 Rugby St" he recalls how "In the roar of soul your scar told me - / Like its secret name, or its password - / How you had tried to kill yourself". The Awakening by Kate Chopin
· Writing scary scenes, for me, are always the most fun. I want to throw everything out there, make it as heart-pounding suspenseful as possible, but making those scary parts unexpected, as you said. If the reader sees it coming, it’s just not as scary.
· The amount of character description really depends on the writer and their writing style. Some writers are really good at writing beautiful character descriptions, so they might make their descriptions longer. Other writers have a very to-the-point and less descriptive writing style, so their character descriptions may be very sparse.
· I'm writing a book and my character has a scar covering his eye and I need some help describing what the scar looks like...if you could help I would greatly appreciate it
· Grant has published two books on writing and has been published in The New York Times and Writer’s Digest. He co-hosts Write-minded, a weekly podcast on writing and publishing, and has a M.A. in Creative Writing from San Francisco State University. There are 15 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
5 creative similes for the stars. The stars looked: 1. …like scattered moondust in the sky. 2. …like a large hand had tossed diamond dust into the sky. 3. …like beacons of hope for all the lost souls of the world. 4. … like bejewelled grains of sand allowed to sparkle in silence.